From: Benoit Mahe [mailto:Benoit.Mahe@sophia.inria.fr]
Sent: Saturday, 8 January 2000 00:47
To: CAMERON, CRAIG
Cc: 'www-jigsaw@w3.org'
Subject: Re: Proxy Configuration Problems

"CAMERON, CRAIG" wrote:

> I'm trying to set up Jigsaw (2.03 with sun's java 1.2.2 on NT) as a proxy
> which adds additional HTTP headers to the incoming GET request and
forwards
> the request to the destination server.
> I'm reading http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/proxy.html which not only
> shows a different user-interface for jigadmin (I get a swing based GUI
using
> both jigadm.bat and jigadmin.bat) but has instructions like "create an
> instance of ... by clicking on the space node".  The folders which show up
> on the left are TOTALLY different and space doesn't seem to be present.

Yes this is the old documentation, we have to update the screenshots
and the documentation itself. Probably done in the next release...

> I've tried this:
>         Select http-server button
>         Added resource in /root:
>                 Classname org.w3c.tools.resources.FramedResource
>                 Identifier proxy
>         Selected proxy and "Added resource to selected frame"
>                 Classname org.w3c.jigsaw.proxy.ProxyFrame

That's the correct configuration process.

>         Then proxy shows up in Properties tab
>         BUT
>         clicking on the proxy button does nothing

Humm, that's really strange. What do you mean by "nothing", nothing happen
at all?
No trace on server side? No error messages? Nothing in log files?
Did you tried to restart Jigsaw?

> Help please?  If anyone could help me with a simple java module to add 3
> additional HTTP headers that would be great.  I've never programmed in
Java
> before :-)

There is a filter called HeaderFilter that allows you to do that kind of
modification.

Regards, Benoit.

                      World Wide Web Consortium   (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Engineer