jigsaw and jikes

From: Alois Camenzind <aloisc@randomwalk.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 17:23:32 -0400
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hi there,

I went through the archive and haven't seen this point mentioned
anywhere but I though it might be interesting.

Jikes (1.08) stops compiling Jigsaw with the following error message
(on Solaris and on NT):

$ jikes HttpBag.java

Found 4 semantic errors compiling "HttpBag.java":

   150.               case '{':
                           <->
*** Error: The type of this expression, "char", is not
assignment-convertible
to the type of the switch statement expression, "byte".

   156.               case ' ':
                           <->
*** Error: The type of this expression, "char", is not
assignment-convertible
to the type of the switch statement expression, "byte".

   157.               case '\t':
                           <-->
*** Error: The type of this expression, "char", is not
assignment-convertible
to the type of the switch statement expression, "byte".

   158.               case ',':
                           <->