Cookie problems in 2.0.3 proxy

From: <mpas@intranet.gr>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 14:51:49 +0300 (EET DST)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
I have installed 2.0.3 on a Sun with JRE 1.2.2. Jigsaw runs perfectly well
as a web server as well as a proxy. However, origin servers are unable to set
cookies on my browser (communicator, versions 4.05 up to 4.5). If proxies are
disabled in Communicator everything works just fine (direct connection to th
origin server). This problem does not appear if Netscape's Proxy Server (which
is also an HTTP/1.1 compliant proxy) is used. I have been unable to pinpoint
the actual cause of this problem, apart from the fact that it is Jigsaw-related.
Any hints?

TIA

Mike