Client side use of Basic Authentication, proxy.

From: Steven Camhi <scamhi@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 17:33:23 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
A weird question. Sitting behind a firewall
which requires Basic authentication and a proxy
to be set (I know, its wrong..), I could never
get a java (jdk1.2) gui going with the plain
URL and HttpURLConnection stuff.

Voila, the jigsaw stuff works like a charm!
However, if I want to use a JEditorPane component
in a mini browser environment, it works with URL
objects which are extremely dumb wrt proxies and
authorizations. Is it possible to use the JEditorPane
with the jigsaw stuff?

-Thanks in advance
Steve Camhi

=====