Re: Right place for user-defined property file

maciek wrote:

> Hello ,
> I have two questions regarding placement of property file and helper classes
> files that should not be
> reloaded by the server.
> I use Jigsaw 2.0.3
> here is my classpath:
> set
> CLASSPATH=.;c:\JDK1.2.2\Project;c:\Jsdk2.0\lib\jdsk.jar;c:\jdk1.2.2\jsdk2.1\
> servlet.jar;c:\JigsawServer\Jigsaw\classes\jigsaw.zip;c:\JigsawServer\Jigsaw
> \classes\jigadmin.jar;
> I have developed DatabaseConnectionPool class and DatabaseManager class for
> managing the connection objects from DatabaseConnectionPool .
> DatabaseManager reads all configurations for creating necessary connection
> pools from property file
> database.properties using getResourceAsStream method.
> 1.Where shall I put database.properties file to enable a servlet that will
> use connection pool class to read this file in its init().Also how can I add
> that resource in Jigsaw ?.I know how to add servlets , but I never add any
> other resource like property file for example.

database.properties should be at the same place that DataBaseManager.class.

> 2.Where shall I put those two helper classes (DatabaseConnectionPool class
> and  DatabaseManager  class) to avoid reloading problems? Also how can I add
> them? using what kind of resources in Jigsaw.

Jigsaw reload only classes located in the servlet directory. Other classes are not
reloaded.

Regards, Benoit.

                      World Wide Web Consortium   (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Engineer