Can´t initialize a socket on the web server for listening

From: Wolfgang Chico-Töpfer <gerwoc@ger.sas.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 19:59:37 +0200
To: "'www-jigsaw@w3.org'" <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
Hi everyone,

Now that I got Jigsaw working with our CGI application
broker.exe,  I had the following error message displayed by
broker.exe (after setting the CgiFrame instance with debug set
to true, otherwise I only got "CGI script emitted  invalid status"):

"Can't initialize a socket on the Web server machine for listening. This
could indicate an overloaded server, or it could be a bug. If you suspect a
bug, report this information to technical support:
init_server_port(host="NULL", port=-1) returned -1. "

Some more details:
- I was able to verify that the broker itself works fine as long as it does
not try to connect
  to our Warehouse server
- my CgiFrame has the following attributes set:
	- Content Type: text/html
	- Command: full path to broker.exe
	- no header: off
	- generates form: off
	- debug: on (to get above message)

Another thing: I noticed I could not start the broker by using GET, only
POST seems to be
supported. Is this true or did I miss some configuration issue?

Can someone please help me here? Thank you  so much!

Best,
Wolfgang.

                Dipl.-Inform. Wolfgang Chico-Töpfer
                     CS Internet Initiatives
                             SAS Institute GmbH
                             D-69043 Heidelberg

    phone  +(49) 6221/415464    fax     +(49) 6221/415101
    e-mail  gerwoc@ger.sas.com  www  www.sas.de