Re: JDK 1.1.x support / was: Re: Can't start jigsaw 2.1.0 !

From: Augusto Sellhorn <asellhor@ccd.harris.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 14:53:11 -0400
To: Roland Mainz <Roland.Mainz@informatik.med.uni-giessen.de>
Roland Mainz wrote:

> Ouch. My ears. Please don't be so loud =:-)

Sorry. I'll try not to scream, but that caught me by surprise.

> Maybe they'll support the 2.0.x-thread for a while ?

That would be nice. Although I was really looking forward to the XML

> I can understand the Jigsaw team - support for JAVA 1.1.x is sometimes very
> awfull :-(

JDK 1.2 support is even worse. My point is that 1.2 right now is more of
reality in Windows and Solaris only. Using it exclusively right now
shuts down
lost of other platforms link Linux, AIX, HP-UX, Mac, etc
> Another way would be: No JDK 1.1.x support for Jigsaw 2.1.x, but JDK1.1 support
> in Jigsaw 2.2.x ??

We can oly hope ...
- Augusto Sellhorn