Re: proxying on extensions?

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 11:24:06 +0200 (MET DST)
To: Dan Hansen <DLHansen@Quark.Com>
cc: "'www-jigsaw@w3.org'" <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Dan Hansen wrote:

> Can one proxy off an extension?
> Meaning, can I specify that all files ending in .foo should be proxied using
> a class extending the ProxyFrame?
> I'm going to play around with adding a .foo extension to the default indexer
> then attaching a FooFileResource (extends FileResource) to it along with a
> FooProxyFrame (extend ProxyFrame).

The ForwardFrame is more adapted to this behaviour, you should attach it
to a FramedResource (the minimal resource accepting filters).
Maybe some other processing inside will be required, to rewrite the URL
sent to the origin server before forwarding it, in that case a
FooForwardFrame would be better.
The ProxyFrame is too specialized at... proxying.
Hope this helps,