SSI servlet question

From: Trey Cain <cain@cs.wisc.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 22:39:36 -0500 (EST)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hello- I am trying to add session IDs to each link within a shtml page. I
have a servlet that gives a session id, which is called with the following
line:
<!--#servlet name=TPCW_encode_session_id code=/servlet/TPCW_encode_session_id-->

What I would like to do is take the value returned by this call and have
it appended to some of the links in the page. Is there an easy way of
doing this? My first attempt placed the above line at the end of every
link tag, but that ended up assigning a different session id to each
outgoing link. I got it working this way using Sun's Java Web Server,
whose SSI syntax is different for servlets.

Is there a way to do this with Jigsaw? Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks, Trey