Re: Servlet e-mails

From: Jon Bedworth <jon.bedworth@sentineluk.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 17:39:09 +0000
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org, darrochi@dcs.gla.ac.uk
Hello,

To send an email from a servlet I have been using the class:
sun.net.smtp.SmtpClient

This provides methods for specifying email address to send to, a
printstream for the actual message, various headers (like 'subject'
etc). It works but it seems to be unsupported by Sun (it hasnt changed
since version 1.0).

If you are trying to send parameters from a html form, then these can be
formatted as part of the printstream. I hope this helps.

Jon