Re: Unused packages?!

On Tue, 9 Nov 1999, Ingmar Krusch wrote:

> Is the package "org.w3c.www.protocol.http" still used? I realized
> that there are duplicate java files for certain classes. E.g. there
> are
>
> org.w3c.www.protocol.http.Request   (v 1.9 1998/01/22)
> org.w3c.jigsaw.http.Request         (v 1.30 1999/07/08)
>
> I assume the package "org.w3c.jigsaw.http.Request" is the used one?!

org.w3c.www.http.HttpRequestMessage is the first intance of an HTTP
request, org.w3c.jigsaw.http.Request is the Request as seen from a server
point of view, org.w3c.www.protocol.http.Request is the request as seen
from a client point of view (they didn't behave the same way for obvious
reasons).
So both are used, well both if you use the admin tool (client) or the
proxy or forwarding frames.
Also replacing the protocol stack with the right preference allows you to
use org.w3c.www.protocol.http insteadn of com.sun.net.protocol.http (the
name is almost that;) )