Something is using all CPU-time

From: Anders Meyer <Anders_Meyer@pol.dk>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 10:54:23 +0100
Hi there!

I have got a problem with my system. I am running jigsaw - the only
application running is a servlet. When we have a heavi load the the java
process suddenly starts to use a lot of CPU time. Everything is running
fine - but slow!

I made some thead dumps - it revealed 2 threads (in suspended mode) "stuck"
in the servlet. Has anyone got i good idea how to solve this?
The threads stuck looks similar to this:

      java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Compiled Code)
        java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Compiled Code)
        java.io.InputStreamReader.fill(Compiled Code)
        java.io.InputStreamReader.read(Compiled Code)
        java.io.BufferedReader.fill(Compiled Code)
        java.io.BufferedReader.read(Compiled Code)
        com.Polinfo.Polinfo.sendBrsCmd(Compiled Code)

Could this be a problem running jdk 1.1.6 on AIX?

Regards

Anders Meyer