Re: Can anyone tell me how to use Java Applet in Jigsaw?

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Nyam, Yanto wrote:

> Hello,
> 	I am just wondering if anyone know how to use Java Applet with
> Jigsaw? I have a scorer.html file in jigsaw server. I try to run it on the
> web browser and it seems like the jigsaw server doesn't know where to find
> the class file for the java applet. Here is a part of the scorer.html that
> includes the java applet class as following:
> <APPLET CODE=ImgView.class WIDTH=520 HEIGHT=320>
> 	<PARAM NAME=numberOfPhotos VALUE="3">
> 	<PARAM NAME=maxZoomIn      VALUE="3">
> 	<PARAM NAME=backColor      VALUE="0,0,0">
> 	<PARAM NAME=titlesColor    VALUE="255, 225 ,0">
> 	<PARAM NAME=listBackColor  VALUE="255, 255, 204">
> 	<PARAM NAME=toc            VALUE="ImgView.toc">
> 	<B>Your browser can't run java applets...</B>
> </APPLET>
> I would really appreciate if anyone can tell me how to set the configuration
> for java applet in  jigsaw server. Thanks.

You just have to put the .class files under the same directory, if you
have Jigsaw 2.0.2, the indexers are already configured to recognize
automatically the .class files.
If you have an older version and you didn't modify the indexers, you can
upgrade them using the ones available from:
http://jigsaw.w3.org/Devel/indexers/19990325/