Access Error in Servlet

From: David P. White <dpwhite@halcyon.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 11:24:12 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hello,

I have placed a servlet's class file in the www/servlet directory to be
executed by jigsaw. I then start jigsaw and try to access the servlet by
pointing my browser to
http://localhost:8001/servlet/LicenseManagerServlet. My browser displays
a dialog saying that the document has no data. I also get the following
shown on jigsaw's console:

-------------------------------

c:\jigsaw>java.exe -cp
.;E:\jdk1-2-1\jre\lib\rt.jar;E:\jacl1-1-1\jacl.jar;E:\jacl1-1-1\tcljava.jar;C:\ORANT\jdbc\Oracle-JDBC-Classes111.zip;E:\jsdk2-1\servlet.jar;D:\hms\java;c:\jigsaw\classes\jigsaw.zip
org.w3c.jigsaw.Main -root C:\Jigsaw\Jigsaw

Jigsaw[2.0.2]: serving at http://notacow:8001/
*** Warning : no logger specified, not logging.
JigAdmin[2.0.2]: serving at http://notacow:8009/
Create Servlet : LicenseManagerServlet.class

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: try to access class
hmssoftware/licensing/LicenseManager from class
hmssoftware/licensing/LicenseManagerServlet
        at
hmssoftware.licensing.LicenseManagerServlet.init(LicenseManagerServle
t.java:15)
        at
org.w3c.jigsaw.servlet.ServletWrapper.launchServlet(ServletWrapper.ja
va:367)

(large stack trace continues...)

The class LicenseManagerServlet is public. It instantiates an instance
of the LicenseManager class which has package scope. Both classes are in
the same package. The LicenseManager class is on the classpath. So why
is this not working? I have done exactly this sort of thing with other
servlet runners and it works just fine. Any ideas?

Thanks,

David