how do we build custom realms

From: Zahid Ahmed <zahid.ahmed@commerceone.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 15:06:08 -0400 (EDT)
To: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
A couple of question about realm support in
Jigsaw.

1. Is there a recommended way to do HTTP Basic
Authentication scheme to do 1) password lookups
via LDAP? 2) password verificatoion via LDAP?

2. W.r.t. #1, how can we build a custom realm that can
extend the authrealm and be configured programmatically
in the httpd during initialization? I want to configure
the custom realm via a different admin api than provided
by Jigsaw Admin. Looking at the realm and auth filter
apis, it seems that this is possible since all the
auth filter returns is a true/false or an ProtocolException
for authenticate().

Please provide guidelines about this.

thnx in advance.