Stupid question about properties URL

From: Luc Saint-Elie <lse@imaginet.fr>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 10:28:29 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Well lucky you, its time for our regular feature "the stupid question of
the day"

How does Jigsaw handle the path under windows 98 ?

I have a path to set up for a servlet properties. In fact the servlet is a
.jar file so I have set up the servlet wrapper.
My jar file is in c:\jdk\jre\lib\ext
I have no problem to access it.. but it has a big problem in accessing the
properties file

In this case is the path :
- relative to the JDK path (in my case the jdk\jre\lib\ext directory ?
- relative to my Jigsaw install directory ?
- relative to my Jigsaw\jigsaw\www\servlet directory ?

And how is this parth (the path I have to enter in the servlet properties
dialog) spelled

The physical file path is d:\jigsaw\jigsaw\www\servlet\cocoon.properties

do I need to use unix bakslah ? double slash ?....

Thanks in advance
| Luc Saint-Elie                                 |
| 53, rue Caulaincourt                           |
| 75018  Paris France                            |
| Tel: 01 42 52 09 62 / 06 12 90 19 65           |
| email : luc@interpasnet.com                    |
| Servlet Taverne a site devoted to servlets     |
| ..and Java server side technologies            |
|           ATTENTION NEW URL !!!                |
| url : http://www.interpasnet.com/JSS           |