servlet directory outside of Jigsaw tree?

From: Michael Stacey <Michael@lexi.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 12:18:24 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
I have a couple of questions about housing servlets outside the
Jigsaw\WWW tree.  We have a servlet (say Foo.class) that is in
its own directory (C:\Foo) along with the jar'ed up support classes
(C:\Foo\foo.jar).

1. How does one configure the server to recognize this?  I tried
   following the available docs and got nowhere.

2. Is it possible to redirect a request to a servlet using something
    like a PassDirectory?  ie: is it possible to map requests like
	"http://hostname/Foo" to "http://hostmname:port/servlet/Foo"?

Thanks!

PS: is there any documentation that matches the new version of JigAdmin?
---
Michael Stacey
Lexi-Comp, Inc.
1100 Terex Road