Re: reindex exception(s)

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 11:41:59 +0200 (MET DST)
To: geert <geert_@dDs.Nl>
On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, geert wrote:

> I have seen the same problem but use JSDK 2.0 ? and JDK 1.2.1 on windows 98.
>
> Other problems I have. ( I use Jigsaw 1 week now are, and like it).
>
> By restarting jigsaw it can't find the
>
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org/w3c/jigsaw/http/GeneralProp
>         at java.lang.Class.forName(Compiled Code)
>         at org.w3c.jigsaw.http.GeneralProp.<clinit>(GeneralProp.java:31)
>         at org.w3c.jigsaw.http.httpd.initialize(httpd.java:1702)
>         at
> org.w3c.jigsaw.daemon.ServerHandlerManager.launchServerHandler(ServerHandler
> Manager.java:131)
>         at org.w3c.jigsaw.daemon.ServerHandlerManager.<init>(Compiled Code)
>         at org.w3c.jigsaw.daemon.ServerHandlerManager.main(Compiled Code)
>         at org.w3c.jigsaw.Main.main(Main.java:15)
>
> After running the install.class I can restart te server.
> I have to resetup the properties-general-root name=virtula for root
>
> groeten,
>  geert

It should be related to the classloader bug on windows, when zip and jars
are mixed, try to upgrade the classes with the latest devel classes
( http://jigsaw.w3.org/Devel/classes/19990428/ ), which solves this
problem by replacing jigsaw.zip by a jar (named jigsaw.zip, but the
classloader is now happy, as it autodetect the jar structure).