Re: virtual html file

From: Vespe Savikko <vespe@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 04:29:46 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: "www-jigsaw@w3.org" <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
Also sprach Christopher William Turner:

  I have a servlet which generates an html formatted entry from a
  database.
  It currently accepts a URL like this:-

  http://www.trade-submit.com:8001/t?8154082

  I would like the URL to be indistinguishable from a static html file.
  e.g

  http://www.trade-submit.com:8001/t/8154082.html

  How can I do this?

You can invoke your servlet with the latter URL. Now the
part after the servlet name is stored in the PATH_INFO environment
variable (in CGI) and it corresponds to the value of getPathInfo-
method of HttpServletRequest.

  ++Vespe

       Vespe Savikko     vespe@cs.tut.fi     - to doom de doomsday -