Re: memory usage

I use Win98 , jdk1.2 and my own compilation based on jigsaw2.0.1
I  too have a complex servlet but was unable to affect my windows
"resources" (whatever microsoft means by that) which stayed at 79% free. I
could
take CPU usage to 100% very easily.

I tried "java -Xmx2m ...." (2 megabytes) and jigsaw still ran and served an
html page ok but
when it hit my servlet it provoked an OutOfMemoryException (which I intended).
So java limits seem to work.

Perhaps your "java" is actually some script which doesn't pass the right option
the binary. Or maybe you fork other java processes?

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
 at java.io.InputStreamReader.<init>(InputStreamReader.java:90)
 at java.io.InputStreamReader.<init>(InputStreamReader.java:74)
 at TradeStore.loadTrade(TradeStore.java:155)
 at TradeEnumeration.nextElement(TradeStore.java:32)
 at TradeStore.getCachedTrades(TradeStore.java:77)
 at TradescanServlet.init(TradescanServlet.java:352)
 at
org.w3c.jigsaw.servlet.ServletWrapper.launchServlet(ServletWrapper.java:294)
 at
org.w3c.jigsaw.servlet.ServletWrapper.launchServlet(ServletWrapper.java:370)
 at org.w3c.jigsaw.servlet.ServletWrapper.initialize(ServletWrapper.java:408)
 at org.w3c.tools.r

--
Chris Turner, http://www.cycom.co.uk/