Re: Remote Administration?

On Sun, 11 Apr 1999, Art Gillespie wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Does the Jigadmin client have to be run on the same machine
> as the server?
>
> I'm trying to administer a remote running Jigsaw server,
> passing in -root as the path on the SERVER, and I keep
> getting ZIPFile exceptions and an error message that the
> appropriate configuration files could not be loaded in the
> Jigadmin client stack trace.  Ugh

The best thing is to get the classes (jigsaw.zip and jigadmin.jar) and the
config directory (well not everything, the store repository, the indexers
are not needed). You just have to start jigadmin with the right command
line options (ex java org.w3c.jigadmin.Main -root C:\JigsawRemote\ (where
config is) http://othermachine:8009/