HTTP 1.1 and Server-Side Include (Servlet)

From: Ever Olano <eolano@cybersource.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 18:14:35 -0400 (EDT)
Hello.  I was trying to implement one of the examples from the Java Servlet Programming book which is using Server-Side Includes.  Of course, I could not copy the exact HTML code because Jigsaw implements SSI differently.  When I try to access the page from IE, I get an 800c0008 error.   From Communicator, I get an invalid URL error.  So, I tried to telnet my jigsaw server and noticed the following behavior:  When I specify HTTP/1.0 during the GET, it works just fine -i.e. it returns the page that I am expecting (with outputs from the SSI).  But when I specify HTTP/1.1 instead, it returns nothing.  This probably explains why both IE and Communicator are complaining with those errors.

Anything I'm missing here?  Again, I'd appreciate any help.

Ever