From: Ever Olano [mailto:eolano@cybersource.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 1999 12:36 PM
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Subject: Servlet never gets destroyed

Hello.  I'm new to both Jigsaw and servlets so pardon me if this query is
rather basic.  I put some trace statements inside the init() and destroy()
methods of my servlet.  To my surprise, only the init() gets called
everytime I invoke the servlet directly from the Address line in the
browser.  And I never see destroy() getting called.  So I guess my question
is, how do I explicitly unload a servlet from within JigAdmin?  If there is
no way inside JigAdmin, how can I unload it then?  Would it automatically
unload after some time?  Also, how come my servlet's init() always gets
called (which probably means, a new instance of my servlet gets created each
time)?  Maybe I do not fully understand a servlet's life-cycle.  Please
someone enlighten me on this.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Ever