Re: What classes to override to do RTSP?

On Tue, 6 Apr 1999, Gary Teter wrote:

> Sorry to repost a question, but I didn't receive any response, and I
> don't know where else to ask...

Sorry, the release time took some of the email time :/

> Can anyone give me some guidelines as to which classes I should be
> overriding so I can write an addition to Jigsaw to make it function as an
> RTSP server?

There is already an example. See the mux implementation.
Basically, you should have a package to handle the protocol, like the
org.w3c.www.http package.
Then you have to create a Client, which will be in charge of the request
handling (org.w3c.jigsaw.http.Client)
If the protocol is close enough from HTTP, like mux, you may reuse the
httpd directly, and just change the property
org.w3c.jigsaw.http.ClientFactory to the name of your specific client
factory (see org.w3c.jigsaw.http.socket.SocketClientFactory)

> Am I heading in the right direction if I create a new package that
> implements everything in org.w3c.www.protocol.http? It looks like I'll
> have to do more than just that, but I need some help deciding what to
> do....

Yes, this is the main part.

> I'm not looking for a completed solution here (unless there is one :-),
> just some pointers in the right direction.
Feel free to ask more details as I give a very rough overview :)