Re: What classes to override to do RTSP?

From: Gary Teter <bigdog@bulldogbeach.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 14:07:13 -0400 (EDT)
Brian Dupras <bdupras@bigfoot.com>, on 4/6/99 10:58 AM wrote:

>You might consider writng your server "extension" as a java servlet.  Once
>loaded, a HTTP servlet by default has a sessioning mechanism.  This could
>help you get around the stateless protocol of HTTP.
>
>If written as a servlet, you can also transport the servlet across multiple
>web servers such as Jigsaw, Apache, IIS, Netscape, JWS, etc.
>
>Brian

Hmmm. That's an interesting idea that I hadn't thought of before.

But the RTSP spec, while it has a lot of the same request and response
messages as HTTP, has some other things in it that I don't think a
servlet could support because it has to communicate through an HTTP
interface (at least all the ones I've written before do).

I'm thinking I'll have to go a few layers deeper into Jigsaw than just
the servlet api to do it.

--
Gary Teter, Big Dog
Bulldog Beach Interactive http://www.bulldogbeach.com