Re: Servlets?

<lurk mode off>

        To confuse things even further it seems like the JSDK 2.1
has started using servlets instead of servlet... even to the point
of using servlets.properties instead of servlet.properties.

        Another funny thing is that the web hosting account I
recently signed up with had "Make sure you use servlet instead
of servlets" all over their documentation.  The docs are wrong
and I had to change everything back to servlets. :)  Bah.

        My only wish with Jigsaw is that there was a way to
use the servlet(s).properties file somehow.  Jigadmin is really
cool, but sometimes it's just easier to leave the properties file
open in your editor, tweak it, and refresh.  In any case, I might
be developing a remedy for those who care...

        My web hosting account doesn't seem to support a
servlet.properties file at all. (Although there is still one thing
I have left to try.)  After working through my gloom and despair
I got the idea of having a servlet that would run my other servlets.
Say, run.class.  That way /servlets/run/snoop would run the run.class
which could be smart enough to peel off the snoop, look it up in the
servlet properties, and run the appropriate servlet class file.

        Just drop me an e-mail if you are interested,
        -Paul (pspeed@progeeks.com)

<lurk mode on>