Re: Servlets?

From: Benoit Mahe <Benoit.Mahe@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 16:53:36 +0200
To: Mike Engelhart <aengelhart@austin.rr.com>
CC: Jigsaw <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
"servlets" is now "servlet", some people ask me to change
this because others Servlet Engines use this "standard" directory
to store servlets.

Note: the documentation was not updated in the distribution, but the
on line documentation is updated [1]

[1] http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/servlets.html

Regards, Benoit.

Mike Engelhart wrote:

> Hi -
> I  just downloaded and installed and am running Jigsaw 2.0.2.   In 2.0.1, I
> thought you could just drag a servlet class into the servlets folder and
> access it without going into Jigadmin?  I put a simple DateServlet.class
> (which just displays the date) into the servlet(s) folder in 2.0.2 and get
> an error saying the file would not load in my browser?   Did this change and
> I have to configure the servlet in JigAdmin or am I mistaken about just
> dropping the class files into the servlets folder.
> thanks,
> Mike

                      World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Team