Re: Logging..

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Jeremy Johnson wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Has anyone written a logger for Jigsaw that logs more than the common
> logger that's included?
>
> I would very much like to log hits on specific servlets, but running the
> current log format through Analog (on Linux) only returns a request report
> for static web pages and graphics, not hits on individual servlets. Logging
> referrers would also be useful.
>
> Has anyone done this? I realise that I could log direct from the servlets,
> and I am doing that for specific info, but I would like to be able to run
> all the main stats through Analog (the Perl log analyser) if possible.

Next release (2.0.2, scheduled for the end of march) will have an
ExtendedCommonLogger, which logs using ECLF format (like CLF with referer
and User-Agent).
Of course it is already available and can be compiled if you take it from
the CVS base, see
http://dev.w3.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/java/classes/org/w3c/jigsaw/http/ExtendedCommonLogger.java