Re: servlets and subdirectories

lacall wrote:

> Can jigsaw find servlets if they are in a *subdirectory* of the servlets
> directory?

Yes, it can.

> If so, would I have to configure this directory myself, so it looks like the
> servlets directory?

It depends, if your subdirectory is a package, you just need to put the full
name of the servlet class in the ServletWrapper.

eg: WWW/servlet/org/w3c/MyServlet.class
        Class in servlet wrapper under WWW/servlet/ : org.w3c.MyServlet

If it's not a package directory, you have to do exactly what you said:

> (Adding a ServletDirectoryFrame to the subdirectory
> entry under servlets in jigadmin, then setting its indexer attribute to
> servlet-indexer.)

> And if I do that, will the servlets in the subdirectories still be
> automatically reloaded by the server when I update them with new versions?

Yes.

> Lastly, if I do the above, will this approach be compatible with other web
> servers, like Apache?

Well, I don't know the way Apache manage servlets.

Regards, Benoit.

                      World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Team