cgi versus pl files

From: Alex Liberman <alexsf@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 16:04:43 PST
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
One more question and I think I'll have it working, is there anything
special I need to do differently when setting up pl file extension (for
perl) than for cgi files? In other words, my cgi files import pl files
using the require directive, which seems to cause probs executing the
scripts. I can have a cgi file which prints "hello world" and that works
fine, but as soon as I require a PL file a message is returned "cannot
parse cgi scripts."

Thanks, -Alex