Re: AW: Problem in accessing GIF files

From: Gildas Mazery <mazery@agence.cpu.fr>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 09:37:39 -0500 (EST)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hi,

I'am not sure the problem is solved.

When this problem has recently been discussed here, I remenber that I have
already saw it before, but then somebody said that it was a problem with
the gif file itself, so a gave up. (and since I don't usually use IE, I
stop thinking about this problem)

But few day ago, when the problem appear again, I re-make some tests with
IE4, IE3, IE2, HotJava browser and the result were strange :

IE2 : OK
IE3 : OK but slow and loading delay where very diffrent from one time to an
other
IE4 : gif don't work, even a JPG file don't work!!!
HotJava Browser : gif don't work

So I try to make a sample Html file for testing all case (direct acces to
the file, througt a negociate frame) and to send it to the list. But  when
I test this sample file the result were different of my first test : all
the gif image and jpg were load fastly and OK with IE4!!!
So the problem does not always occure, but only sometime...

I agreed with Christopher William Turner : the problem is very frequent
when negociate frame are use, and especialy when a PNG file is used in the
same time that the gif file.

I sadly confirm to Yves Lafon that this problem also occur with JPG file
but not only gif (it only occure one time, I have nether been able to see
this problem again with JPG).

Gildas