RE: changing default index page

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 21:44:38 +0200 (MET DST)
To: lacall <lacall@micron.com>
cc: "'Luc Saint-Elie '" <lse@imaginet.fr>, "''www-jigsaw@w3.org' '" <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, lacall wrote:

> I should have said in my original message that I'm on NT, using 2.0.3, and
> that the root resource is "root" (I think--I'm not at my desk now but it's
> whatever the default comes as--I've not changed much from the default
> configuration but the password and port.)
>
> Could there be something else? Thanks again.

Yes :) The fact that you have access to two root resources!
(I am from home so I will refer to the first snapshot from
http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/JigAdmin/snapshots.html )
You have the "Root" container at the top, and the "root" resource
contained by itself (Otherwise you won't be able to change root resource
with the right followup).
You probably edited the wrong one (I have to check again which one is the
right one and document that...)
Hope this helps,