Recommended Upgrade Practices?

From: John E. Conlon <jconlon@verticon.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 09:44:55 -0400
To: JigSaw Mail <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
I am in the process of upgrading my 2.0.1 Jigsaw to 2.0.3.  But I am not
sure what is the 'standard' way to do an upgrade.  Half way through my
brute force method I thought it best to ask the members of this list.  Is
there a document somewhere that describes the process?   To ease future
upgrades I would like to set up Jigsaw so that code, configuration, and
content are separate so upgrades will not write over my configs or content?
 How is this best accomplished.

thanks in advance for any insights,

John
John E. Conlon