Re: 2.0.3 compatibility, CompressFilter and Solaris startup script... / Re: new Jigsaw release (2.0.3)

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, Roland Mainz wrote:

> Hi !
>
> ----
>
> Yves Lafon wrote:
>
> > The Jigsaw team is happy to announce the new release 2.0.3 release of
> > Jigsaw [1].
> > Check the summary of changes in the release notes [2]
> > You will find:
> > * Http Extension Framework
> > * Digest Authentication and new ACL-based access control
> > * New Administration tool (JigAdmin, v2)
> > * JSDK 2.1 support.
> > And many other things.
> > Have fun with it!
> >
> > Note that the new XML-configuration based version of Jigsaw (2.1.0) will
> > be out soon, Benoit is coding the upgrader right now.
>
> Upgrades... Is 2.0.3 backwards-compatible with 2.0.2 (AFAIK yes, but I want
> to be sure to avoid that I kill 11 jigsaw installations with this update...).

Yes, however if you have modified roots, you may have problems (It fixes a
duplication of resources at root level, so it is a good thing ;) ).

> XML-based config - das this mean we can read&modify the config without
> jigadm(2) ??

Yes ;) But you will have to stop the server to do that, otherwise Jigsaw
may overwrite a store you modified when it unloads a store.

> ----
>
> Long long ago I mailed CompressFilter.java (e.g. GZIP and ZIP compression)
> in this ML... is there no need for such a thing ??

I have to create a clean dir for contribution, and perhaps a contribution
jar, with the modified jigadm(in).zip also. I twould be the best place, as
the MANIFEST file could have information about authors...

> ----
>
> I've a new version of jigsaw.server (e.g. /etc/init.d/jigsaw.server for
> automatic
> server startup/shudown script for Solaris).
> Any interest in it ??

Yep! Some of your scripts are already in the distrib (see scripts).