Re: Digest Auth; https and http on same server

On Fri, 23 Jul 1999, brax wrote:

> In fact two questions :
> Digest Auth : I've been trying to set up Digest Auth but was not able
> to make it works - Basic Auth works fine.
> In fact, the Digest Auth class is not listed in resource frame
> and I had to write it manually.
> The configuration screen then display a method box so it seems
> that I forgot something. Is there a help available for that ( It's not in
> the
> documentation ).

If you have a recent version http://jigsaw.w3.org/Devel/classes/19990722/
You should use the new acl.
Just attach an AclFilter to the resource, and an AclRealm to the
AclFilter. To select Digest auth, just increase the security level.

> https and http together on the same server :
> I've been working hard on IAIK source for debugging and implementing it
> on Jigsaw. After this night, it seems to work - even on the 2.0.2 Jigsaw
> version.
> For adding a new listener, I modified the server.props file as follow :
>
> org.w3c.jigsaw.daemon.handlers=http-server|https-server|admin-server
> https-server.org.w3c.jigsaw.daemon.class=iaik.jigsaw.https.httpsd
>
> So it works with plain html files, but when using the admin ( new one )
> tool, it
> detects another server ( https server ) but there's nothing displayed in it
> and no
> way to add ressources ( servlet, ... ). It seems that here also I forgot
> something.

Yes, because there is an unknown resource, causing trouble. Attached is
the modified version of https.java and ConfigResource.