Re: Using Sun's JSWDK (JSP) with Jigsaw

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Ray Allis wrote:

> Yves Lafon wrote:
>
> > I struggle with it a little this morning, and here is a setup that works:
>
> I, too, struggle -- for enlightenment. ;)  Is this indexer intended to index
> *.jsp
> pages whever they are?  e.g. /Jigsaw/Jigsaw/WWW ?
>
> > jspindexer
> >  -- directories
> >  |   |
> >  |   -- *default* (org.w3c.jigsaw.resources.PassDirectory)
> >  |                      (ServletDirectoryFrame)
> >  -- extensions
> >      -- jsp (org.w3c.jigsaw.servlet.ServletWrapper) (it create its frame
> >                   (ServletWrapperFrame)              directly)
> >
> > the servlet class is com.sun.jsp.runtime.JspServlet
> > and "scratchdir=<mypath>/Jigsaw/Jigsaw/compiledPage"
> > in the servler parameters.
> >
> > I set the dir to have jspindexer as the indexer, and it worked :)
>
> Which dir?  Do the .jsp pages go in a special directory?  I grok that I am
> not grokking this yet.  ;)

Well, you may want to put the jspindexer on all directories that can have
jsp in them. The problem is that every Container indexed with a
ServletDirectoryFrame will create an instance of its classloader, so it
may be an overkill to do that.
You can either manually create the servlet directory frame on the
containers containing (:)) jsp, or, if you have enough memory (I didn't
check the memory footprint of the classloader) you can index a subtree
containing jsps (or the whole server, but for icons dirs, it may be
unnecessary.
When an indexer is set on a container, all its children will be
recursively indexed using this indexer, unless you specifically set an
indexer on one of its children.
Hope this helps,