Re: virtual hosting

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Mykola A. Nickishov wrote:

> Yves Lafon wrote:
>
> > Ok, did you change the root resource to be "virtual" (the name of the
> > VirtualHostResource).
> > General Properties -> root.
>
> See prev message:
> --- paste ---
> > > 4) Modify the VirtualHostFrame attributes.
> > > Modified: Followup set to root, content-type - text/html, relocate -
> > > true, browsable - true. In docs I not found description of Index
> > > field.
> --- paste ---

That's for the virtual host frame! I mean the root of the server has to be
changed also.
The lookup of the right resource is done by the root resource, if you
didn't set the server's root resource to virtual, it will fail to resolve
the virtual host.
the local-root of the virtual host is the "default" root, when the lookup
of the virtual host failed (aka the default host).
Go to properties -> general and change the "root name" to "virtual"