virtual hosting

From: Mykola A. Nickishov <nickishov@satellite.kiev.ua>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 13:02:58 -0400 (EDT)
Instruction about setting up virtual hosting feature says:
1) Open a JigAdmin window
It's clear and "no comments" :)
2) Create the virtual resource
Ok, created. For this purpose I must use
org.w3c.tools.resources.VirtualHostResource class. But in pull-down
list of Add Resource dialog there is only
org.w3c.jigsaw.resources.VirtualHostResource class. Of course, I use
last (org.w3c.jigsaw.resources.VirtualHostResource) class. Q: What
difference between these two classes?
3) Attach a VirtualHostFrame to the new "virtual" resource.
Done.
4) Modify the VirtualHostFrame attributes.
Modified: Followup set to root, content-type - text/html, relocate -
true, browsable - true. In docs I not found description of Index
field.
5) Add you virtual host.
Added as org.w3c.tools.resources.PassDirectory class. JigSaw runs on
machine with name http://satellite.kiev.ua, virtual host URL
(identifier of PassDirectory) set as http://nick.satellite.kiev.ua .
Pass-target points to local folder with my homepage.

Result: Netscape unable to find my virtual host. Any comments?

--
General Satellite Kiev   mailto:general@satellite.kiev.ua
     +380 44 277-22-44, 244-92-86