Re: starting org.w3c.jigadmin.Main...

Mykola,

I installed Jigsaw on a Windows '98 system three days ago and also ran into
problems with the class path. After much head-banging, I finally found I had

to use the -cp option to pass the classpath to JAVA  (1.2).
Java's -cp option is not mentioned in the Jigsaw documentation.

The following command works for me to start the server on Windows '98:
     java -cp "c:\program files\jigsaw\classes\jigsaw.zip;"
org.w3c.jigsaw.Main -root "c:\program files\jigsaw\jigsaw"

To run the Jigamin tool:
     java -cp "c:\program files\jigsaw\classes\jigsaw.zip;c:\program
files\jigsaw\classes\jigadmin.jar;" org.w3c.jigadmin.Main -root "c:\program
files\jigsaw\jigsaw"

To install Jigsaw:
     java -cp "c:\program files\jigsaw\classes\jigsaw.zip;" Install

I have these commands set up in  batch files SERVE.BAT, ADMIN.BAT and
INSTALL.BAT respectively,
to save having to retype these rather long strings in each time.

Good Luck,
Martin