Re: JigKill next gerneration (V1.2)

Roland Mainz wrote:

> Hi !
>
> ----
>
> Sorry, I couldn't keep my fingers away from this small piece of code :-)

> I've added some extensions to JigKill, like a Stop-Only and a Save-Only
> option, and last-but-not-least a "ping"-Option to check whether the
> server is alive or not (to solve my "this-week-favourite-question: Whats down ?
> The Oracle-DB or the Jigsaw server ?")

Euh... It looks like I missed something.

> JigKill behaves like the old version (e.g. save&kill), except that one
> of the new
> options --save, --stop, --ping is set explicitly. Then only those
> swiches set
> (e.g. save config, stop servers, check if server is running) are
> executed.

Thank you, that's a good idea. Your version will be in the next distribution.

> A script for /etc/rc3.d (Solaris system-startup/shutdown script) will
> follow
> next week.
>
> ----
>
> I'd like to add a "restart" option (to make the function set complete).
> Would a
> simple doLoadResource( "restart" ) work (see my sources for this new
> method),
> or would a "restart"-option require more work in JigKill ?

Well the restart feature doesn't work (And we don't know why, we haven't
enough time to spend on it), the only thing to do it to stop and start again.

Regards, Benoit.

                      World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Team