Relocate vs Redirect

From: Phil <phil@tcp.net.au>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 23:26:09 -0500 (EST)
I have several virtual hosts that need access to a single instance of a servlet.

There is an indexer extension 'html' with a RelocateFrame. The relocate attribute is set to '/servlets/TheServlet'

This works ->   http://localhost/servlets/TheServlet
This doesn't -> http://virtual.localhost/servlets/TheServlet

The error from the virtual.localhost request is:

The URL http://localhost/servlets/TheServlet that you requested is not available on that server.

I had this problem before with a RedirectFrame as the request came from a virtual host and the resource was on the root host. Benoit suggested using a RelocateFrame  though I'm not sure if the location I've entered is correct.

The API says that ATTR_LOCATION is 'The relocation location'
and getLocation() returns 'a string, containing the relative path.'

So... i've tried 'servlets/TheServlet' and '/servlets/TheServlet' and both return the same message.

What silly thing have I done?

Thanks again,

Phil
Phil Blake                                phil@tcp.net.au
Translation Creation Production     http://www.tcp.net.au
32 Harrow Road                         tel +612 9519 4235
Stanmore NSW 2048                      fax +612 9519 9445
Australia                          toll free 1800 242 954