Re: Running servlets -- an example would be nice!

From: <petsa@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 13:23:08 -0500 (EST)
To: Benoit Mahe <Benoit.Mahe@sophia.inria.fr>
cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
I was able to get a simple servlet to work.  For others who may have
similar problems here is what I did:

- Wrote a servlet called SimpleServlet.
- Put it in the .../www/servlets directory ("servlets" not "servlet")
- Accessed it by "http://serverName/servlets/SimpleServlet"

Earlier I had the servlet in a subdirectory of servlets.  Apparently
 "http://serverName/servlets/dirA/dirB/SimpleServlet" does not work.

Regards, Ashok

 (Embedded
 image moved to Benoit Mahe <Benoit.Mahe@sophia.inria.fr>