Re: Running servlets -- an example would be nice!

From: Benoit Mahe <Benoit.Mahe@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 10:07:22 +0100
To: petsa@us.ibm.com
CC: www-jigsaw@w3.org
petsa@us.ibm.com wrote:

> I'm having trouble running a servlet from Jigsaw.
> The server finds the .html file but the code does not
> execute.  No doubt there is some simple bug.

You mean an applet I guess, well we forgot to put class extension
in the default indexer, so applet class files are not reachable by
default.
That's a mistake.
But, you can add it by yourself, please read [1]. You just have to
create a resource called "class" in the default indexer, a FileResource
associated to an HTTPFrame with a content type equals to
application/octet-stream.

This will be added in the next Jigsaw release.

For servlets, it's simple, you just have to put the servlet class file
in the
directory WWW/servlet. [2]

[1] http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/indexers.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/servlets.html#install-servlets