Re: Directories are browsable?

From: Benoit Mahe <Benoit.Mahe@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 15:09:53 +0100
Browsable is relative to the Browsable Method, see [1].

You can edit an HTML document describing why you
don't want this directory to be browsable, and put it as
the directory index.

In the next release, there will be a new rule that you can
put in the index field, it's *forbid*. If the index is *forbid*
then browsing the directory is forbidden.

[1]
http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/Reference/org.w3c.jigsaw.frames.HTTPFrame.html#browsable

Regards, Benoit.

Wolfgang Platzer wrote:

> The property "Browsable" in the default indexer is per default set to off.
> But it is possible to browse an directory which does not contain the
> configured index even if the property is switched off in that directory.
>
> Is this a bug of 2.0.1 or what is wrong?
>
> I am using SuSE Linux 6.0 (glibc) with the latest JDK 1.1.7!
>
> Wolfgang

                      World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Team