Re: strange servlet behavior

From: Gildas Mazery <mazery@agence.cpu.fr>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 09:15:06 -0500 (EST)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hi,

I have also encounter strange behavior in session tracking with cookies.
I can't get to run correctly the "bookstore" example in sun java tutorial
(by correctly I mean in the same way that with servletrunner in the JSDK2).
This example use URL encoding for tracking session if client browser do not
accept cookies, and use cookies in the other case. But even when I set up
my browser to accept cookies the servlets will use url encoding.

A jigsaw team member explain me that a servlet can not know during the
first call if the browser can handle cookies. This answer has never been
totally clear for me because it seems that there are servlets examples that
do not assume this, and you find one of this servlet.

I am quite puzzled with that problem.

Gildas