Re: Jigsaw on port 80

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, Jeremy Johnson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Quick question. I'm haveing trouble getting Jigsaw 2.0.1 to server on port 80.
> It ignores the -port parameter when started from the command line and doesn't
> save the change in JigAdmin (I clicked 'Commit' and stopped the server
> correctly using the 'Exit' button under control.)

Hum, it should save it! Sounds like a "feature" here.
If it was not changed and savedm you can modify the port in the
configuration file
edit Jigsaw/config/http-server.props
and set org.w3c.jigsaw.port=80
With NT, there is no problem, for UNIX users, it should be run as root,
using the right  -group nobody -user nobody options (and adding -chroot is
even better).
Regards,