Re: servlet trouble with Jigsaw 2.0.1 and JDK1.2 on WIN95 and NT

1) are you sure that the classes in org/w3c/jigsaw/servlet/ are
compiled? (For some
reasons
     the servlet package is not included in the makefile [1]

2) Please, chek your CLASSPATH again, may be the JSDK is not in your
(new?)
     CLASSPATH

[1] http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/servlets.html#compile-servlet

Regards, Benoit.

Gildas Mazery wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have rebuilt jigsaw 2.0.1 with jdk1.2, and experiment trouble using
> servlets.
> My servlets work with jigsaw 2.0.1 built for jdk1.1
>
> While jigsaw (built for Jdk1.2) is running,
> with jigadm (built for Jdk1.2) and jigadm (built for jdk1.1) I notice that the
> servlet indexer is no more set for the directory ressources that hold the
> servlets,
> and this directory ressources has an unknows frame instead of
> ServletDirectoryFrame.
>
> While jigsaw (built for Jdk1.1) is running,
> with jigadm (built for Jdk1.2) and jigadm (built for jdk1.1) things are OK
> and the
> servlets are working.
>
> This problem occur for both my win95 and NT4 workstation.
>
> Here is the error that occure on the server when a servlet is activated
> through a browser :
>
> Frame : Unable to create an instance of
> org.w3c.jigsaw.servlet.ServletDirectoryFrame:
> org.w3c.jigsaw.servlet.ServletDirectoryFrame
> org.w3c.tools.ressources.HolderInitException: Unable to create an instance
> of org.w3c.jigsaw.servlet.ServletDirectoryFrame:
> org.w3c.jigsaw.servlet.ServletDirectoryFrame
>         at org.w3c.tools.resources.AttributeHolder.unpickle(AttributeHolder.java:432)
>
> Gildas

                      World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Team