jigadm - Invalid header description

From: Paul Speed <pspeed@augustschell.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 11:43:18 -0500 (EST)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hello,

	I normally lurk on a list for a while before posting a
question, but I'm sort of in a hurry to figure this one out.
So apologize in advance for barging in shouting questions.

	I just downloaded Jigsaw 2.0.0.  Following the instructions
I was able to get it up and running on my Windows NT 4 system with
no trouble.  I now have a web server up on port 8001.  The problem...

	I can't seem to get the Jigsaw Admin utility to run.  When
I try I get this exception thrown:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org/w3c/www/http/HttpDate
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Compiled Code)
        at
org.w3c.www.http.HeaderDescription.<init>(HeaderDescription.java)
        at org.w3c.www.http.HttpMessage.registerHeader(HttpMessage.java)
        at
org.w3c.www.http.HttpEntityMessage.<clinit>(HttpEntityMessage.java)
        at
org.w3c.www.protocol.http.HttpManager.<init>(HttpManager.java)
        at org.w3c.www.protocol.http.HttpManager.getManager(Compiled
Code)
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.admin.AdminContext.<init>(AdminContext.java)
        at org.w3c.jigadm.gui.ServerBrowser.main(Compiled Code)
        at org.w3c.jigadm.Main.main(Main.java)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:
java.lang.Runt
imeException: Invalid header description last-modified
        at
org.w3c.www.http.HeaderDescription.<init>(HeaderDescription.java)
        at org.w3c.www.http.HttpMessage.registerHeader(HttpMessage.java)
        at
org.w3c.www.http.HttpEntityMessage.<clinit>(HttpEntityMessage.java)
        at
org.w3c.www.protocol.http.HttpManager.<init>(HttpManager.java)
        at org.w3c.www.protocol.http.HttpManager.getManager(Compiled
Code)
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.admin.AdminContext.<init>(AdminContext.java)
        at org.w3c.jigadm.gui.ServerBrowser.main(Compiled Code)
        at org.w3c.jigadm.Main.main(Main.java)

	Now, it seems to me that the real problem comes from the
initial ExceptionInInitializerError that is thrown.  Without spending
alot of time digging through the code I'm at a loss for how to procede.

	As for the HttpDate exception, I'm not sure I quite
understand why that particular class is not being found.  I can run
the class from the command line and java.exe finds it fine.  I'm
hoping it's just a side-affect caused by the other problem.

	TIA for any help you can give,
	-Paul (pspeed@augustschell.com)