Re: question

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 11:46:32 +0100 (MET)
To: Tadashi NAKANO <tnakano@ise.eng.osaka-u.ac.jp>
cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Tadashi NAKANO wrote:

> I wanna modify jigsaw source code, and I've just started to try.
> I have one question. Please help me.
>
> I think httpd always is running.
> And when a client connect, the daemon allocates a thread the client.
> If that I think is correct, please tell me the thread class name.

see the "run" method of httpd.java
A client, connect, httpd accepts the conection and gives the newly created
socket to the SocketClientFactory.

The default factory used is irg.w3c.jigsaw.http.socket.SocketClientFactory
then it is binded to a Client (impl is SocketClient). The client takes
care of all the parsing and processing of the request.

The name of the thread is "socket-clients:#" where # is the number of the
thread in the client pool.
Hope this helps,