RE: Performance Issues between IE and Netscape

Here is another little quirk.

Running Personal Web Server: ( a derivative of IIS from MS)

I can type in "localhost" without the "http://" using Netscape and I get to
the site.

If I do the same from IE, IE opens the site as well.

Running Jigsaw:

I can type in "localhost:8001" without the "http://" using Netscape and I
get to the site.

however....

If I do the same with IE, I an invalid syntax error is generated from the
server and the browser is unable to open the site.

Jigsaw is listening for http requests on 8001, is this any different then
listening on port 80 or is there a bug on how Jigsaw is handling IE http
requests?

Additionally, Is the www.w3.org site running Jigsaw?

In advance, thank you.  Your thoughts...

/Matthew Baldwin
mbaldwin@livenote.com